Oct 27, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
Matt Holliday left Thursday’s Game 6 against the Rangers with a finger injury sustained diving back into third base on a pickoff in the sixth.
Holliday jammed his right hand into Adrian Beltre‘s foot on the play and was called out. X-rays were negative on his pinkie finger, with the Cardinals calling the injury a severe bruise.
Allen Craig replaced him in left field.
Thanks to a Michael Young error, Holliday had reached base for the third time in three plate appearances in the contest. He walked his first two times up. Still, the pickoff was a huge play with the bases loaded and one out in a tie game. Holliday, who is hitting .158 in the series, also committed an ugly error in the fourth that led to a run for the Rangers.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 5
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 98
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 54
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (112)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (79)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful