Oct 27, 2011, 10:54 PM EDT
Matt Holliday left Thursday’s Game 6 against the Rangers with a finger injury sustained diving back into third base on a pickoff in the sixth.
Holliday jammed his right hand into Adrian Beltre‘s foot on the play and was called out. X-rays were negative on his pinkie finger, with the Cardinals calling the injury a severe bruise.
Allen Craig replaced him in left field.
Thanks to a Michael Young error, Holliday had reached base for the third time in three plate appearances in the contest. He walked his first two times up. Still, the pickoff was a huge play with the bases loaded and one out in a tie game. Holliday, who is hitting .158 in the series, also committed an ugly error in the fourth that led to a run for the Rangers.
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 0
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 2
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 35
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 25
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)