Oct 27, 2011, 9:17 AM EST
Ozzie Guillen’s suggestions of a Hanley Ramirez position-switch to the contrary, a representative for Ramirez told the Palm Beach Post yesterday that no one with the team has said a thing to his client about it:
Ramirez was surprised about reports last week that suggested Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen had not ruled out the idea of Ramirez playing another position. He told [representative Andy] Mota that was never discussed in a brief conversation Ramierz had with new manager Ozzie Guillen last week.
Ramirez had shoulder surgery in September. He’s said to be recovering as expected, but you have to wonder how Ramirez would respond to, say, third base with a recovering wing. Or the outfield for that matter.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (86)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)