Oct 27, 2011, 9:17 AM EDT
Ozzie Guillen’s suggestions of a Hanley Ramirez position-switch to the contrary, a representative for Ramirez told the Palm Beach Post yesterday that no one with the team has said a thing to his client about it:
Ramirez was surprised about reports last week that suggested Marlins manager Ozzie Guillen had not ruled out the idea of Ramirez playing another position. He told [representative Andy] Mota that was never discussed in a brief conversation Ramierz had with new manager Ozzie Guillen last week.
Ramirez had shoulder surgery in September. He’s said to be recovering as expected, but you have to wonder how Ramirez would respond to, say, third base with a recovering wing. Or the outfield for that matter.
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 0
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 12
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 28
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)