Oct 27, 2011, 4:36 PM EDT
Here are the lineups for Game 6 of the Rangers-Cardinals series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Rafael Furcal, SS 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Skip Schumaker, CF 3. Josh Hamilton, LF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Lance Berkman, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. Matt Holliday, LF 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. David Freese, 3B 7. Mike Napoli, C 7. Yadier Molina, C 8. Craig Gentry, CF 8. Nick Punto, 2B SP Colby Lewis, RHP SP Jaime Garcia, LHP
With a left-hander on the mound Ron Washington is starting Craig Gentry over David Murphy, using him in center field while shifting Josh Hamilton and his sore groin to left field. That should help Colby Lewis, who’s a fly-ball pitcher. Beyond that it’s a standard lineup for the Rangers, who continue to bat Mike Napoli much lower than his performance all season warrants. Hamilton is the only left-handed hitter in the lineup versus southpaw Jaime Garcia, who shut out this identical lineup for seven innings in Game 2.
Tony La Russa made one change compared to the lineup that scored one run in 6.2 innings off Lewis in Game 2, benching Jon Jay in favor of Skip Schumaker in center field. Lance Berkman is in the cleanup spot, with Matt Holliday batting fifth. And Nick Punto gets the nod over Ryan Theriot at second base. Allen Craig is back to a bench role after starting all three games in Texas.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (111)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)