Oct 28, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Tonight will be the first time since 2002 that there’s been a Game 7 in the World Series.
And hard as it may be to believe considering his current predicament John Lackey was the winning pitcher that night, tossing five innings of one-run ball as the Angels defeated Livan Hernandez and the Giants on October 27, 2002.
Another interesting Game 7 tidbit is that each of the last eight have been won by the home team. The last road team to win a Game 7 in the World Series? Pittsburgh in 1979.
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 6
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 11
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 133
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)