Oct 28, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Tonight will be the first time since 2002 that there’s been a Game 7 in the World Series.
And hard as it may be to believe considering his current predicament John Lackey was the winning pitcher that night, tossing five innings of one-run ball as the Angels defeated Livan Hernandez and the Giants on October 27, 2002.
Another interesting Game 7 tidbit is that each of the last eight have been won by the home team. The last road team to win a Game 7 in the World Series? Pittsburgh in 1979.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 15
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)