Oct 28, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Tonight will be the first time since 2002 that there’s been a Game 7 in the World Series.
And hard as it may be to believe considering his current predicament John Lackey was the winning pitcher that night, tossing five innings of one-run ball as the Angels defeated Livan Hernandez and the Giants on October 27, 2002.
Another interesting Game 7 tidbit is that each of the last eight have been won by the home team. The last road team to win a Game 7 in the World Series? Pittsburgh in 1979.
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 0
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 37
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105