Oct 28, 2011, 2:52 PM EST
Tonight will be the first time since 2002 that there’s been a Game 7 in the World Series.
And hard as it may be to believe considering his current predicament John Lackey was the winning pitcher that night, tossing five innings of one-run ball as the Angels defeated Livan Hernandez and the Giants on October 27, 2002.
Another interesting Game 7 tidbit is that each of the last eight have been won by the home team. The last road team to win a Game 7 in the World Series? Pittsburgh in 1979.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27