Oct 28, 2011, 2:52 PM EDT
Tonight will be the first time since 2002 that there’s been a Game 7 in the World Series.
And hard as it may be to believe considering his current predicament John Lackey was the winning pitcher that night, tossing five innings of one-run ball as the Angels defeated Livan Hernandez and the Giants on October 27, 2002.
Another interesting Game 7 tidbit is that each of the last eight have been won by the home team. The last road team to win a Game 7 in the World Series? Pittsburgh in 1979.
- Giants rout Royals 11-4 in Game 4 to even up the World Series at 2-2 14
- Mike Trout, Giancarlo Stanton win the Hank Aaron Award 1
- World Series, Game 4: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Report: Rays owner Stuart Sternberg has discussed moving the team to Montreal 62
- Dave Dombrowski on Miguel Cabrera: “It’s worse than what we ever would have anticipated” 33
- World Series Reset: Can the Giants even things up? 4
- Behind strong bullpen, Royals edge Giants 3-2 to take a 2-1 World Series lead 36
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 4
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (143)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (106)