Oct 28, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Napoli rolled his ankle running the bases, but stayed in to catch the final eight innings and X-rays taken afterward were negative. Speed has never been part of Napoli’s game anyway, so handling the pain defensively figures to be the biggest issue for the series’ leading MVP candidate.
Cruz was double-switched out of last night’s game in the 11th inning after straining his groin, but he’ll join Napoli in trying to gut things out. He failed to make a play on a fly ball to right field that turned into David Freese‘s game-tying, two-run triple in the ninth inning, so Cruz’s mobility in the outfield will definitely be worth keeping an eye on.
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)