Oct 28, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Napoli rolled his ankle running the bases, but stayed in to catch the final eight innings and X-rays taken afterward were negative. Speed has never been part of Napoli’s game anyway, so handling the pain defensively figures to be the biggest issue for the series’ leading MVP candidate.
Cruz was double-switched out of last night’s game in the 11th inning after straining his groin, but he’ll join Napoli in trying to gut things out. He failed to make a play on a fly ball to right field that turned into David Freese‘s game-tying, two-run triple in the ninth inning, so Cruz’s mobility in the outfield will definitely be worth keeping an eye on.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 32
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 16
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 23
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 41
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)