Oct 28, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Napoli rolled his ankle running the bases, but stayed in to catch the final eight innings and X-rays taken afterward were negative. Speed has never been part of Napoli’s game anyway, so handling the pain defensively figures to be the biggest issue for the series’ leading MVP candidate.
Cruz was double-switched out of last night’s game in the 11th inning after straining his groin, but he’ll join Napoli in trying to gut things out. He failed to make a play on a fly ball to right field that turned into David Freese‘s game-tying, two-run triple in the ninth inning, so Cruz’s mobility in the outfield will definitely be worth keeping an eye on.
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game, as they’re announced… 1
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (102)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)