Oct 28, 2011, 1:07 AM EDT
According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Rangers right fielder Nelson Cruz has been diagnosed with a groin strain, suffered in his final at-bat of the night. Esteban German took his spot in the outfield in the bottom of the 11th inning and Cruz was shown on the FOX broadcast limping down the dugout steps.
The Cardinals haven’t said whether Holliday, who was diagnosed with a severely bruised pinkie, will be available for Game 7 on Friday night in St. Louis. If he can’t go, the Cards will start Allen Craig.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 5
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)