Oct 28, 2011, 1:07 AM EDT
According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Rangers right fielder Nelson Cruz has been diagnosed with a groin strain, suffered in his final at-bat of the night. Esteban German took his spot in the outfield in the bottom of the 11th inning and Cruz was shown on the FOX broadcast limping down the dugout steps.
The Cardinals haven’t said whether Holliday, who was diagnosed with a severely bruised pinkie, will be available for Game 7 on Friday night in St. Louis. If he can’t go, the Cards will start Allen Craig.
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 0
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 8
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 10
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 19
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 12
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 38
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)