Oct 28, 2011, 1:07 AM EDT
According to beat writer Jeff Wilson of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram, Rangers right fielder Nelson Cruz has been diagnosed with a groin strain, suffered in his final at-bat of the night. Esteban German took his spot in the outfield in the bottom of the 11th inning and Cruz was shown on the FOX broadcast limping down the dugout steps.
The Cardinals haven’t said whether Holliday, who was diagnosed with a severely bruised pinkie, will be available for Game 7 on Friday night in St. Louis. If he can’t go, the Cards will start Allen Craig.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)