Oct 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EST
News you can use: Roch Kubatko of MASN tweeted that the Baltimore Orioles are going to change their caps next year, returning the cartoon bird of the 70s and 80s. No word yet if it will be like the one shown here or if it will have the white field like it did in the early 80s.
After replay, religion, politics, Ryan Howard and cake vs. pie, I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been more disagreement and rancor around these parts about any topic besides cartoon mascots. But I’m a man of principle and I must take a stand: I approve of this development. Bringing back the cartoon bird is a winning move.
Have at it, you wrongheaded cartoon haters.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 7
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)