Oct 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
News you can use: Roch Kubatko of MASN tweeted that the Baltimore Orioles are going to change their caps next year, returning the cartoon bird of the 70s and 80s. No word yet if it will be like the one shown here or if it will have the white field like it did in the early 80s.
After replay, religion, politics, Ryan Howard and cake vs. pie, I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been more disagreement and rancor around these parts about any topic besides cartoon mascots. But I’m a man of principle and I must take a stand: I approve of this development. Bringing back the cartoon bird is a winning move.
Have at it, you wrongheaded cartoon haters.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 7
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)