Oct 28, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
News you can use: Roch Kubatko of MASN tweeted that the Baltimore Orioles are going to change their caps next year, returning the cartoon bird of the 70s and 80s. No word yet if it will be like the one shown here or if it will have the white field like it did in the early 80s.
After replay, religion, politics, Ryan Howard and cake vs. pie, I’m pretty sure there hasn’t been more disagreement and rancor around these parts about any topic besides cartoon mascots. But I’m a man of principle and I must take a stand: I approve of this development. Bringing back the cartoon bird is a winning move.
Have at it, you wrongheaded cartoon haters.
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 14
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 23
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 64
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)