Oct 28, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Shortly after news of the Angels deciding on Jerry Dipoto as their new general manager Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that current Blue Jays assistant general manager Tony LaCava is “very likely” to be named the Orioles’ next GM.
Dipoto and LaCava both interviewed with Baltimore and Heyman speculates that Dipoto talking to the Orioles may have forced the Angels’ hand somewhat, at least in terms of making a quick decision.
LaCava has been with the Blue Jays since 2003, sticking around through multiple front office regimes, and oversees the team’s farm system and Latin American operations.
He previously worked for the Indians and was credited with being a big part of the trade that sent Bartolo Colon to the Expos for Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips, and Lee Stevens in mid-2002.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 24
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 83
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 17
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (85)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)