Oct 28, 2011, 12:16 PM EDT
Shortly after news of the Angels deciding on Jerry Dipoto as their new general manager Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that current Blue Jays assistant general manager Tony LaCava is “very likely” to be named the Orioles’ next GM.
Dipoto and LaCava both interviewed with Baltimore and Heyman speculates that Dipoto talking to the Orioles may have forced the Angels’ hand somewhat, at least in terms of making a quick decision.
LaCava has been with the Blue Jays since 2003, sticking around through multiple front office regimes, and oversees the team’s farm system and Latin American operations.
He previously worked for the Indians and was credited with being a big part of the trade that sent Bartolo Colon to the Expos for Grady Sizemore, Cliff Lee, Brandon Phillips, and Lee Stevens in mid-2002.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)