Oct 28, 2011, 5:11 PM EST
Here are the lineups for Game 7 of the Rangers-Cardinals series tonight:
TEXAS RANGERS ST. LOUIS CARDINALS 1. Ian Kinsler, 2B 1. Ryan Theriot, 2B 2. Elvis Andrus, SS 2. Allen Craig, LF 3. Josh Hamilton, CF 3. Albert Pujols, 1B 4. Michael Young, 1B 4. Lance Berkman, RF 5. Adrian Beltre, 3B 5. David Freese, 3B 6. Nelson Cruz, RF 6. Yadier Molina, C 7. Mike Napoli, C 7. Rafael Furcal, SS 8. David Murphy, LF 8. Skip Schumaker, CF SP Matt Harrison, LHP SP Chris Carpenter, RHP
Nelson Cruz (groin) and Mike Napoli (ankle) are both playing tonight despite getting hurt in Game 6, so Ron Washington is able to go with his standard lineup versus a right-hander pitcher. That means David Murphy in left field and Craig Gentry on the bench, so with a banged-up Hamilton in center field and a banged-up Cruz in right field the Cardinals may be shooting some gaps with fly balls.
Tony La Russa, on the other hand, is shaking things up considerably. For the first time all postseason Rafael Furcal is not in the leadoff spot, as La Russa has dropped the struggling shortstop to seventh. Replacing him atop the lineup is Ryan Theriot, who starts over Nick Punto at second base. Skip Schumaker is making his second straight start in center fielder over Jon Jay. And with Matt Holliday removed from the roster due last night’s wrist injury Allen Craig is starting in left field. Holliday would have hit cleanup, but instead Craig is in his usual No. 2 spot with Lance Berkman cleaning up.
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 65
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 254
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 160
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (254)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)