Oct 28, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
It all comes down to this. After a dramatic Game 6 which ran the gamut from ugly to resplendent, the Rangers and Cardinals will play a decisive Game 7 this evening in St. Louis.
Game 7. The best two words in sports.
How will the Rangers respond after letting Game 6 slip through their fingers? Can the Cardinals cap off one of the most improbable title runs in baseball history?
Come join us as we crown a new World Series champion and put a bow on a fantastic 2011 season.
Buckle up, everyone.
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 12
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Sean Doolittle has a “slight” rotator cuff tear, won’t be ready for Opening Day 4
- Ryan Vogelsong re-signs with Giants after flirting with Astros 17
- Phillies and Brewers moving closer to Jonathan Papelbon trade 52
- Pete Rose will be at the All-Star Game in Cincinnati this year 29
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (143)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 (75)