Oct 28, 2011, 4:33 PM EST
Brian Cashman and the Yankees have made it very clear that finalizing his new contract was merely a formality, with the general manager saying something would get done by Halloween.
Jon Heyman of SI.com reports that the two sides have agreed to a deal and will make things official after the World Series, following Bud Selig’s wishes that big news not be broken on game days.
Well, sort of.
No word yet on the terms of the deal, but presumably Cashman will get a raise on his current $2 million salary after seeing Theo Epstein get a five-year, $20 million contract from the Cubs. And then he’ll get to work on keeping CC Sabathia in New York.
Cashman, incidentally, was involved in a minor car accident last night. Maybe now he’ll upgrade on the 2010 Jeep.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)