Oct 29, 2011, 8:48 PM EDT
Fausto Carmona will meet a different fate.
According to MLB.com’s Jordan Bastian, the Cleveland front office is planning to exercise the right-hander’s $7 million club option for next season when contract option decisions are due on Monday.
Carmona posted a rough 5.25 ERA and 1.40 WHIP in 32 starts this year, striking out only 109 batters and issuing 60 walks across 188 2/3 innings. But $7 million isn’t a bad rate for a starting pitcher these days, especially one who would seem to have enough talent to mount a bounceback campaign in 2012. He’ll likely serve as the Tribe’s No. 3 starter next season.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17