Oct 29, 2011, 1:56 PM EDT
Dempster, 34, went 10-14 with a 4.80 ERA and 191/82 K/BB ratio over 34 starts this season. He logged 202 1/3 innings en route to surpassing the 200-inning mark for the fourth consecutive season.
It was a disappointing year on the surface for Dempster, even though his peripherals were very much in line with last season. The major difference was a career-low swinging strike rate combined with a high line-drive rate, which resulted in a bloated batting average on balls in play. While the veteran right-hander posted a 3.83 ERA at the “Friendly Confines,” he had an ugly 6.08 ERA on the road.
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 0
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 11
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 96
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 55
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)