Oct 31, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
At what point do the Phillies fans stop eating crow over their team’s failure to fulfill the championship expectations of which they were all convinced and move on to that blind, “we’re number 1!” stuff for 2012 that we know will come and love so very much when it does?
Heck, why not now? Gambling on baseball is the dumbest thing in the history of dumb things, but I guess some people do it because why else would they release odds about it? Here’s the just-released odds for 2012 from Bodog:
Red Sox: 8/1
And of course, you have to go with the odds here because baseball always follows a predictable pattern.
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 3
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 44
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)