Oct 31, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Everyone talks about Citi Field’s large dimensions, but nobody ever does anything about them. Oh, wait:
The Mets announced Monday they are moving the walls in by as much as 12 feet next season, lowering the height to 8 feet and changing the color to blue.
In addition to the blue outfield walls they’re going to change the name of the ballpark to “Shea Stadium,” release a lot of rats and stuff and sign a bunch of no-goodnik guys who are nonetheless fabulous baseball players.
In other news, if David Wright doesn’t bounce back to a 30-homer pace starting next year can we officially stop listening to dudes whine about this sort of thing?
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 110
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 71
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 52
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (117)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)