Oct 31, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Everyone talks about Citi Field’s large dimensions, but nobody ever does anything about them. Oh, wait:
The Mets announced Monday they are moving the walls in by as much as 12 feet next season, lowering the height to 8 feet and changing the color to blue.
In addition to the blue outfield walls they’re going to change the name of the ballpark to “Shea Stadium,” release a lot of rats and stuff and sign a bunch of no-goodnik guys who are nonetheless fabulous baseball players.
In other news, if David Wright doesn’t bounce back to a 30-homer pace starting next year can we officially stop listening to dudes whine about this sort of thing?
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (138)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)