Oct 31, 2011, 2:01 PM EST
Everyone talks about Citi Field’s large dimensions, but nobody ever does anything about them. Oh, wait:
The Mets announced Monday they are moving the walls in by as much as 12 feet next season, lowering the height to 8 feet and changing the color to blue.
In addition to the blue outfield walls they’re going to change the name of the ballpark to “Shea Stadium,” release a lot of rats and stuff and sign a bunch of no-goodnik guys who are nonetheless fabulous baseball players.
In other news, if David Wright doesn’t bounce back to a 30-homer pace starting next year can we officially stop listening to dudes whine about this sort of thing?
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 63
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)