Oct 31, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
Everyone talks about Citi Field’s large dimensions, but nobody ever does anything about them. Oh, wait:
The Mets announced Monday they are moving the walls in by as much as 12 feet next season, lowering the height to 8 feet and changing the color to blue.
In addition to the blue outfield walls they’re going to change the name of the ballpark to “Shea Stadium,” release a lot of rats and stuff and sign a bunch of no-goodnik guys who are nonetheless fabulous baseball players.
In other news, if David Wright doesn’t bounce back to a 30-homer pace starting next year can we officially stop listening to dudes whine about this sort of thing?
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)