Oct 31, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
Last week Chris Jaffe rated the top postseason series of all time. It proved to be a pretty spiffy and pretty popular post. Today Chris has an update to that, using the same methodology, but attempting to figure out which postseason as a whole was the best of the wild card era.
2011 ranks fifth. At first blush that seems kind of nuts — this was fantastic, right? — but we should all be careful of not falling prey to “the thing that just happened is the BEST OF THOSE THINGS TO EVER HAPPEN” thinking. Fancy pants scientist types chalk up that thinking to something called the serial position effect — recency effect to be specific — but you know what we do with fancy pants scientists types around here.
Good reading even if you don’t agree with the rankings.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 15
- Eduardo Rodriguez dazzles in major league debut 14
- Masahiro Tanaka expected to rejoin Yankees next week 4
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 76
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 86
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 54