Oct 31, 2011, 9:13 AM EDT
Last week Chris Jaffe rated the top postseason series of all time. It proved to be a pretty spiffy and pretty popular post. Today Chris has an update to that, using the same methodology, but attempting to figure out which postseason as a whole was the best of the wild card era.
2011 ranks fifth. At first blush that seems kind of nuts — this was fantastic, right? — but we should all be careful of not falling prey to “the thing that just happened is the BEST OF THOSE THINGS TO EVER HAPPEN” thinking. Fancy pants scientist types chalk up that thinking to something called the serial position effect — recency effect to be specific — but you know what we do with fancy pants scientists types around here.
Good reading even if you don’t agree with the rankings.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 12
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 3
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 59
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games