Oct 31, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
They denied it when it was first leaked a couple months ago and they continue to say that we have to wait until November 11th to know for sure, but yeah, this is the new Marlins cap logo.
We know this because the New Era store in Buffalo, New York is selling them. George Richards of the Miami Herald found one there and bought it. He has multiple pictures of it over at his Florida Panthers blog. The places you find things. I suppose it’s possible they could be selling this as a deke and then release something else, but why? Sure, bloggers like me will write about it, but it’s not like anyone is going to get more excited to buy one just because we’re talking about it.
My take: whatever. We’ll get used to it. I liked it better in white, but it won’t be the worst thing anyone ever wore. And it’s not like the Marlins have a century of tasteful and beloved history that they’re repudiating here. Keep trying stuff until something clicks. Going all classic retro would make no sense for a team that has only been around since 1993.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 3
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)