Oct 31, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
They denied it when it was first leaked a couple months ago and they continue to say that we have to wait until November 11th to know for sure, but yeah, this is the new Marlins cap logo.
We know this because the New Era store in Buffalo, New York is selling them. George Richards of the Miami Herald found one there and bought it. He has multiple pictures of it over at his Florida Panthers blog. The places you find things. I suppose it’s possible they could be selling this as a deke and then release something else, but why? Sure, bloggers like me will write about it, but it’s not like anyone is going to get more excited to buy one just because we’re talking about it.
My take: whatever. We’ll get used to it. I liked it better in white, but it won’t be the worst thing anyone ever wore. And it’s not like the Marlins have a century of tasteful and beloved history that they’re repudiating here. Keep trying stuff until something clicks. Going all classic retro would make no sense for a team that has only been around since 1993.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)