Oct 31, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
They denied it when it was first leaked a couple months ago and they continue to say that we have to wait until November 11th to know for sure, but yeah, this is the new Marlins cap logo.
We know this because the New Era store in Buffalo, New York is selling them. George Richards of the Miami Herald found one there and bought it. He has multiple pictures of it over at his Florida Panthers blog. The places you find things. I suppose it’s possible they could be selling this as a deke and then release something else, but why? Sure, bloggers like me will write about it, but it’s not like anyone is going to get more excited to buy one just because we’re talking about it.
My take: whatever. We’ll get used to it. I liked it better in white, but it won’t be the worst thing anyone ever wore. And it’s not like the Marlins have a century of tasteful and beloved history that they’re repudiating here. Keep trying stuff until something clicks. Going all classic retro would make no sense for a team that has only been around since 1993.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8