Oct 31, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
They denied it when it was first leaked a couple months ago and they continue to say that we have to wait until November 11th to know for sure, but yeah, this is the new Marlins cap logo.
We know this because the New Era store in Buffalo, New York is selling them. George Richards of the Miami Herald found one there and bought it. He has multiple pictures of it over at his Florida Panthers blog. The places you find things. I suppose it’s possible they could be selling this as a deke and then release something else, but why? Sure, bloggers like me will write about it, but it’s not like anyone is going to get more excited to buy one just because we’re talking about it.
My take: whatever. We’ll get used to it. I liked it better in white, but it won’t be the worst thing anyone ever wore. And it’s not like the Marlins have a century of tasteful and beloved history that they’re repudiating here. Keep trying stuff until something clicks. Going all classic retro would make no sense for a team that has only been around since 1993.
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 48
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 68
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 91
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (135)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (99)