Oct 31, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
They denied it when it was first leaked a couple months ago and they continue to say that we have to wait until November 11th to know for sure, but yeah, this is the new Marlins cap logo.
We know this because the New Era store in Buffalo, New York is selling them. George Richards of the Miami Herald found one there and bought it. He has multiple pictures of it over at his Florida Panthers blog. The places you find things. I suppose it’s possible they could be selling this as a deke and then release something else, but why? Sure, bloggers like me will write about it, but it’s not like anyone is going to get more excited to buy one just because we’re talking about it.
My take: whatever. We’ll get used to it. I liked it better in white, but it won’t be the worst thing anyone ever wore. And it’s not like the Marlins have a century of tasteful and beloved history that they’re repudiating here. Keep trying stuff until something clicks. Going all classic retro would make no sense for a team that has only been around since 1993.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 74
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 60
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11