Nov 1, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Aroldis Chapman was scheduled to make his first Arizona Fall League start yesterday, but those plans were canceled because of shoulder soreness.
Chapman previously made two relief appearances in the AFL as the Reds try to stretch him out for a potential starting role in 2012, but general manager Walt Jocketty told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that “he had a little inflammation in his shoulder.”
No decision has been made yet about when Chapman might return to the mound, but in addition to the AFL action he’s slated to pitch in the Puerto Rican winter league next month.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (134)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)