Nov 1, 2011, 10:47 AM EDT
Aroldis Chapman was scheduled to make his first Arizona Fall League start yesterday, but those plans were canceled because of shoulder soreness.
Chapman previously made two relief appearances in the AFL as the Reds try to stretch him out for a potential starting role in 2012, but general manager Walt Jocketty told Mark Sheldon of MLB.com that “he had a little inflammation in his shoulder.”
No decision has been made yet about when Chapman might return to the mound, but in addition to the AFL action he’s slated to pitch in the Puerto Rican winter league next month.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (85)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (79)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (74)