Nov 1, 2011, 1:30 PM EDT
Before you read this, go back and read this. OK? Great. I won’t make you do that again every time we talk free agent stuff, but do please try to remember it.
Anyway, C.J. Wilson gave an interview to Scoreboarddaily.com and said this when asked if he might return to the Rangers:
Yeah, there’s a great chance because I like it here and I’ve won here. I’ve proved that I can be a good pitcher here.
The Rangers could certainly end up being the most desirable suitor for Wilson’s services. Indeed, rumblings out of the Yankee Universe — long thought the most likely team to bid on Wilson — have grown decidedly negative lately, and weren’t helped at all by Wilson’s lackluster postseason. But ultimately — as is the case with every free agent, money is going to play the largest role.
All things being equal, sure, Wilson chooses to stay where he’s comfy. But when was the last time all things were equal in the upper end of the free agent market?
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)