Nov 1, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Ultimately the move probably doesn’t mean a whole lot, since Beltran will likely be going to the highest bidding in free agency either way. Still, it’s interesting considering Boras negotiated the seven-year, $119 million deal that just expired and Beltran is about to hit the open market in search of what will likely be the final big contract of his career.
Lozano also represents Albert Pujols and Jimmy Rollins, among others. And if nothing else the Giants are probably happy about Beltran leaving Boras. Assuming, of course, that they’re interested in re-signing the 34-year-old outfielder.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 186
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 30
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (190)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (88)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)