Nov 1, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Ultimately the move probably doesn’t mean a whole lot, since Beltran will likely be going to the highest bidding in free agency either way. Still, it’s interesting considering Boras negotiated the seven-year, $119 million deal that just expired and Beltran is about to hit the open market in search of what will likely be the final big contract of his career.
Lozano also represents Albert Pujols and Jimmy Rollins, among others. And if nothing else the Giants are probably happy about Beltran leaving Boras. Assuming, of course, that they’re interested in re-signing the 34-year-old outfielder.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 26
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 17
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 79
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 54
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (79)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)