Nov 1, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Ultimately the move probably doesn’t mean a whole lot, since Beltran will likely be going to the highest bidding in free agency either way. Still, it’s interesting considering Boras negotiated the seven-year, $119 million deal that just expired and Beltran is about to hit the open market in search of what will likely be the final big contract of his career.
Lozano also represents Albert Pujols and Jimmy Rollins, among others. And if nothing else the Giants are probably happy about Beltran leaving Boras. Assuming, of course, that they’re interested in re-signing the 34-year-old outfielder.
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 22
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 40
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 63
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 75
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 91
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)