Nov 1, 2011, 2:14 PM EDT
Ultimately the move probably doesn’t mean a whole lot, since Beltran will likely be going to the highest bidding in free agency either way. Still, it’s interesting considering Boras negotiated the seven-year, $119 million deal that just expired and Beltran is about to hit the open market in search of what will likely be the final big contract of his career.
Lozano also represents Albert Pujols and Jimmy Rollins, among others. And if nothing else the Giants are probably happy about Beltran leaving Boras. Assuming, of course, that they’re interested in re-signing the 34-year-old outfielder.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 36
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 64
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 51
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 49
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11