Nov 1, 2011, 9:20 PM EDT
According to the Associated Press, Diamondbacks president and CEO Derrick Hall will undergo surgery for prostate cancer next Tuesday.
Hall, 42, was diagnosed last month after a prostate biopsy revealed cancerous tumors. The encouraging part is that the disease was caught in the early stages and he is expected to make a full recovery.
All the best, Derrick.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47