Nov 1, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Encarnacion has been an increasing adventure at his natural position, third base. As such, the Jays have used him as DH more often than not recently, with some starts at first base. If he can handle a corner outfield slot he becomes a lot more useful to the team and a lot more likely to hold on to a job. Both now, when he can still expect to get a lot of plate appearances and later when he enters the Eric Hinske zone.
Here’s some video of Encarnacion trying a different position. It’s better than you’d think, but I don’t know if he can stick there.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (337)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)