Nov 1, 2011, 2:30 PM EST
Encarnacion has been an increasing adventure at his natural position, third base. As such, the Jays have used him as DH more often than not recently, with some starts at first base. If he can handle a corner outfield slot he becomes a lot more useful to the team and a lot more likely to hold on to a job. Both now, when he can still expect to get a lot of plate appearances and later when he enters the Eric Hinske zone.
Here’s some video of Encarnacion trying a different position. It’s better than you’d think, but I don’t know if he can stick there.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 43
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 94
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 121
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (121)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (108)