Nov 1, 2011, 2:30 PM EDT
Encarnacion has been an increasing adventure at his natural position, third base. As such, the Jays have used him as DH more often than not recently, with some starts at first base. If he can handle a corner outfield slot he becomes a lot more useful to the team and a lot more likely to hold on to a job. Both now, when he can still expect to get a lot of plate appearances and later when he enters the Eric Hinske zone.
Here’s some video of Encarnacion trying a different position. It’s better than you’d think, but I don’t know if he can stick there.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 78
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 125
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)