Nov 1, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
That response came following a question about the Mets possibly trading Wright, who’s under contract for $15 million next season with a $16 million option or $1 million buyout for 2013.
However, because that 2013 option would void if Wright is traded to another team his value to the Mets might be higher than his value in a trade.
Of course, unless Wright bounces back from a career-worst season–including just 102 games and his first sub-.800 OPS–the notion of paying him $16 million in 2013 won’t be particularly appealing anyway.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 53
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 78
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 60
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)