Nov 1, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
That response came following a question about the Mets possibly trading Wright, who’s under contract for $15 million next season with a $16 million option or $1 million buyout for 2013.
However, because that 2013 option would void if Wright is traded to another team his value to the Mets might be higher than his value in a trade.
Of course, unless Wright bounces back from a career-worst season–including just 102 games and his first sub-.800 OPS–the notion of paying him $16 million in 2013 won’t be particularly appealing anyway.
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 0
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 14
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 13
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 8
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)