Nov 1, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Ordonez was removed from the playoff roster after re-fracturing his ankle and his career is very much in doubt at age 38. He earned $10 million this season after re-signing with the Tigers, but hit just .255 with five homers and a .634 OPS in 92 games.
Guillen played just 28 games this season because of knee and calf injuries, and also played just 68 games in 2010 and 81 games in 2009. He was paid $13 million in the final season of a four-year, $48 million contract and at age 36 will almost surely have to settle for a modest one-year deal on the open market.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)