Nov 1, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Ordonez was removed from the playoff roster after re-fracturing his ankle and his career is very much in doubt at age 38. He earned $10 million this season after re-signing with the Tigers, but hit just .255 with five homers and a .634 OPS in 92 games.
Guillen played just 28 games this season because of knee and calf injuries, and also played just 68 games in 2010 and 81 games in 2009. He was paid $13 million in the final season of a four-year, $48 million contract and at age 36 will almost surely have to settle for a modest one-year deal on the open market.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 45
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 28
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 46
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)