Nov 1, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Ordonez was removed from the playoff roster after re-fracturing his ankle and his career is very much in doubt at age 38. He earned $10 million this season after re-signing with the Tigers, but hit just .255 with five homers and a .634 OPS in 92 games.
Guillen played just 28 games this season because of knee and calf injuries, and also played just 68 games in 2010 and 81 games in 2009. He was paid $13 million in the final season of a four-year, $48 million contract and at age 36 will almost surely have to settle for a modest one-year deal on the open market.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 37
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)