Nov 1, 2011, 3:45 PM EDT
Ordonez was removed from the playoff roster after re-fracturing his ankle and his career is very much in doubt at age 38. He earned $10 million this season after re-signing with the Tigers, but hit just .255 with five homers and a .634 OPS in 92 games.
Guillen played just 28 games this season because of knee and calf injuries, and also played just 68 games in 2010 and 81 games in 2009. He was paid $13 million in the final season of a four-year, $48 million contract and at age 36 will almost surely have to settle for a modest one-year deal on the open market.
- Paul Konerko, Jimmy Rollins named co-winners of the Roberto Clemente Award 0
- The greatest trick this Royals bullpen ever pulled … 1
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery to “trim” cartilage 9
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 13
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 139
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (139)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)