Nov 1, 2011, 12:30 PM EST
Ken Rosenthal just tweeted that Jamie Moyer — who turns 49 in a couple of weeks and is coming off Tommy John surgery — threw for scouts in San Diego yesterday and that the scouting report was “excellent.”
The definition of “excellent” is a subjective one, I suppose, but I also suppose that the scouts were judging him on his most recent pre-TJ surgery form. Suspected upshot: non-existent velocity and a metric buttload of craft. Like, more craft in the little flakes of dry skin that scatter when he takes his jersey off than the next ten crafty lefties have accumulated in their entire careers. Damn, he’s glorious.
Anyway: someone is going to sign him to a minor league contract, right? Jamie Moyer pitching in the big leagues at 49 is way too good a story and happening in the universe for that not to happen, right?
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)