Nov 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Let’s review Rob Dibble’s past couple of years:
1. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization’s top prospect for being soft for coming out of a game when, in fact, he had a torn ligament;
2. Getting fired for it;
3. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization itself for allegedly rushing back the top prospect in order to sell tickets;
4. Taking some moderate but totally justified shots from the Nationals for his intemperate comments; and now today ….
5. Slamming the Nationals as knowing nothing about baseball, saying that Jim Riggleman is a better manager than Davey Johnson and then saying that his time in Washington were the worst two years of his life.
Go read his comments over at the D.C. Sports Bog, which are nothing if not unguarded. Dibble clearly still holds a grudge for, you know, actually being held accountable for his idiotic statements and — though no one in a position of authority ever said it out loud — his near-incompetent baseball commentary while working for MASN.
He was a great relief pitcher for a short time. Then a bad one. During that time and ever since he’s been nothing short of an obnoxious jerk.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 133
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 19
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 48
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 49
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 355
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (355)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (198)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)