Nov 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Let’s review Rob Dibble’s past couple of years:
1. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization’s top prospect for being soft for coming out of a game when, in fact, he had a torn ligament;
2. Getting fired for it;
3. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization itself for allegedly rushing back the top prospect in order to sell tickets;
4. Taking some moderate but totally justified shots from the Nationals for his intemperate comments; and now today ….
5. Slamming the Nationals as knowing nothing about baseball, saying that Jim Riggleman is a better manager than Davey Johnson and then saying that his time in Washington were the worst two years of his life.
Go read his comments over at the D.C. Sports Bog, which are nothing if not unguarded. Dibble clearly still holds a grudge for, you know, actually being held accountable for his idiotic statements and — though no one in a position of authority ever said it out loud — his near-incompetent baseball commentary while working for MASN.
He was a great relief pitcher for a short time. Then a bad one. During that time and ever since he’s been nothing short of an obnoxious jerk.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)