Nov 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Let’s review Rob Dibble’s past couple of years:
1. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization’s top prospect for being soft for coming out of a game when, in fact, he had a torn ligament;
2. Getting fired for it;
3. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization itself for allegedly rushing back the top prospect in order to sell tickets;
4. Taking some moderate but totally justified shots from the Nationals for his intemperate comments; and now today ….
5. Slamming the Nationals as knowing nothing about baseball, saying that Jim Riggleman is a better manager than Davey Johnson and then saying that his time in Washington were the worst two years of his life.
Go read his comments over at the D.C. Sports Bog, which are nothing if not unguarded. Dibble clearly still holds a grudge for, you know, actually being held accountable for his idiotic statements and — though no one in a position of authority ever said it out loud — his near-incompetent baseball commentary while working for MASN.
He was a great relief pitcher for a short time. Then a bad one. During that time and ever since he’s been nothing short of an obnoxious jerk.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 12
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 42
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 29
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 34
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 82
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 7
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 87
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (190)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)