Nov 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Let’s review Rob Dibble’s past couple of years:
1. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization’s top prospect for being soft for coming out of a game when, in fact, he had a torn ligament;
2. Getting fired for it;
3. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization itself for allegedly rushing back the top prospect in order to sell tickets;
4. Taking some moderate but totally justified shots from the Nationals for his intemperate comments; and now today ….
5. Slamming the Nationals as knowing nothing about baseball, saying that Jim Riggleman is a better manager than Davey Johnson and then saying that his time in Washington were the worst two years of his life.
Go read his comments over at the D.C. Sports Bog, which are nothing if not unguarded. Dibble clearly still holds a grudge for, you know, actually being held accountable for his idiotic statements and — though no one in a position of authority ever said it out loud — his near-incompetent baseball commentary while working for MASN.
He was a great relief pitcher for a short time. Then a bad one. During that time and ever since he’s been nothing short of an obnoxious jerk.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 0
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 33
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)