Rob Dibble would like you to know how much he hates the Nationals organization

Nov 1, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT

dibble1

Let’s review Rob Dibble’s past couple of years:

1. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization’s top prospect for being soft for coming out of a game when, in fact, he had a torn ligament;

2. Getting fired for it;

3. Slamming the Washington Nationals organization itself for allegedly rushing back the top prospect in order to sell tickets;

4. Taking some moderate but totally justified shots from the Nationals for his intemperate comments; and now today ….

5. Slamming the Nationals as knowing nothing about baseball, saying that Jim Riggleman is a better manager than Davey Johnson and then saying that his time in Washington were the worst two years of his life.

Go read his comments over at the D.C. Sports Bog, which are nothing if not unguarded. Dibble clearly still holds a grudge for, you know, actually being held accountable for his idiotic statements and — though no one in a position of authority ever said it out loud — his near-incompetent baseball commentary while working for MASN.

He was a great relief pitcher for a short time. Then a bad one. During that time and ever since he’s been nothing short of an obnoxious jerk.

1. alang3131982 - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:37 PM

“any working with women on baseball projects and stuff like that” – Rob Dibble, wowsers

• bloodysock - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:45 PM

That comment caught my attention too. Way to pour gasoline on the fire Dibs.

2. vanmorrissey - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:40 PM

And unfortunately you can hear Dibble’s dribble (!) on XM and FOX stations of which I avoid whenever he comes on.

3. aaronmoreno - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:41 PM

Circling the drain until he says something about his current employer.

4. natsattack - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM

As a Nats fan, I’m not sure what day was better, the day Dibble was fired or the day Stras signed. Craig, how do find stories from all these different sources so quickly? You don’t browse every team’s newspapers all the Tim, do yah?

• natstowngreg - Nov 1, 2011 at 7:12 PM

I vote for the day Strasburg signed.

As one of the 14,000 viewers of Nats games on MASN, I would like Rob Dibble to know that I wish him good riddance.

5. Kyle - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM

This guy is such a clown. It’s hard to comprehend how he even lives with his own muted thoughts.

6. natsattack - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:42 PM

Time*

7. phukyouk - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:49 PM

he and Rocker should get together and start a club.. or something

8. halladaysbiceps - Nov 1, 2011 at 4:57 PM

He looks like a fat John Travolta. But, the shades he’s wearing are cool.

As far as his comments, who cares? This guy has always been a headcase. He once threw a ball into the back of a player. That sums this sack of load up pretty good.

9. proudlycanadian - Nov 1, 2011 at 5:14 PM

More drivel and dribble from a confirmed jerk..

10. senatorsguy - Nov 1, 2011 at 6:11 PM

As a Nats Fan, I will proudly wear Dibble’s disdain as a badge of honor.

11. rollinghighwayblues - Nov 1, 2011 at 6:25 PM

Why in the hell is he wearing shades in a radio booth? Tool.

12. RedHeadedBastard - Nov 1, 2011 at 6:53 PM

I’m pissed at the Nationals too for making me listen to this guy for 2 years. Worst 2 years of my life.

• natstowngreg - Nov 1, 2011 at 7:16 PM

True, though they had to find someone after Don Sutton went back to the Braves. I liked Sutton. Alas, they hired the wrong replacement.

• RedHeadedBastard - Nov 1, 2011 at 8:08 PM

True but i only watch half the games on TV, the other half Im at Nats Park. F.P. is 100000000000000000000x better than Dibble.

• natstowngreg - Nov 1, 2011 at 9:52 PM

I’m at Nats Park about a third of the time, MASN the rest. Santangelo is OK, but OK is far superior to Dibble. [BTW, I turn down the sound when Ray Knight fills in.]

13. paul621 - Nov 1, 2011 at 7:47 PM

I couldn’t stand Dibble on-air, but felt a bit bad when he was fired because he really seemed to love the team and job. Everything he’s said since then, though, has erased any sympathy I had.

14. simon94022 - Nov 1, 2011 at 8:02 PM

There’s dumb, there’s dumber, and there’s Dibble.

This moron is why I can’t listen to the MLB channel on XM in the mornings.

15. lazlosother - Nov 1, 2011 at 8:41 PM

I love Rob Dibble. No matter how evil I’ve been, I can listen to Rob and immediately feel better about myself as a person.

16. firemarshal1 - Nov 1, 2011 at 9:32 PM

Rob,

Get at job with the Cincinnati Reds organization. Go to work Marty.

17. aceshigh11 - Nov 1, 2011 at 10:33 PM

I remember watching Dibble pitch for the Reds as a kid, and thinking how mean and nasty he looked, and just HATING him on a visceral level whenever he faced the Mets…

Along with Randy Myers and Norm Charlton, he was part of the Reds’ fearsome “nasty boys” relief squad.

It’s funny how my kid instincts were 100% right when it came to this schmuck.

18. bsputnik - Nov 2, 2011 at 2:54 AM

I hate this guy for what he did to the Buccos in the 1990 NLCS.

19. ezwriter69 - Nov 2, 2011 at 2:15 PM

Finally something I agree with Calcaterra on… amazing. That said, The Nats knew what this bozo was when they hired him, everyone did, this idiot nonsense is hardly knew for muscle-head Dibble. They thought they’d get some mileage out of his calculated outrageousness, and boy did they get burned and look bad. I’ve always wondered how Dan Patrick, who seems like a reasonable guy, could be best buds and professional partner of and advocate for Dibble.

20. natsattack - Nov 3, 2011 at 10:22 AM

natstowngreg, I agree 100 percent.

Red Sox shopping Lester and Lackey