Nov 1, 2011, 9:40 AM EST
According to Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald, the Red Sox are going to consider Grady Sizemore as a potential replacement for J.D. Drew in right field.
I can only assume it’s because they were tired of Drew’s health and durability.
Seriously, though, there are worse things to do in life than to give Grady Sizemore an incentive-laden one-year deal. Most of them are illegal, but there are worse things to do. Yes, he’s missed 220 of a possible 324 games while hitting just .220 with a .659 OPS, but it’s not crazy to think that he could put together some kind of short stretch here or there that would help a lot of teams out. You just can’t go expecting him to fill the position for the entire season or go into it without about 17 backup options.
He’s intriguing, is what I’m saying. And I’m not just saying that because I think that the word “intriguing” is going to be written next to Sizemore’s name 1000 times this offseason and I just want to be the earliest Google result for it.
OK, maybe I am.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)