Nov 1, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
According to Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald, the Red Sox are going to consider Grady Sizemore as a potential replacement for J.D. Drew in right field.
I can only assume it’s because they were tired of Drew’s health and durability.
Seriously, though, there are worse things to do in life than to give Grady Sizemore an incentive-laden one-year deal. Most of them are illegal, but there are worse things to do. Yes, he’s missed 220 of a possible 324 games while hitting just .220 with a .659 OPS, but it’s not crazy to think that he could put together some kind of short stretch here or there that would help a lot of teams out. You just can’t go expecting him to fill the position for the entire season or go into it without about 17 backup options.
He’s intriguing, is what I’m saying. And I’m not just saying that because I think that the word “intriguing” is going to be written next to Sizemore’s name 1000 times this offseason and I just want to be the earliest Google result for it.
OK, maybe I am.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 65
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 75
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 69
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (101)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (100)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)