Nov 1, 2011, 9:40 AM EDT
According to Michael Silverman of the Boston Herald, the Red Sox are going to consider Grady Sizemore as a potential replacement for J.D. Drew in right field.
I can only assume it’s because they were tired of Drew’s health and durability.
Seriously, though, there are worse things to do in life than to give Grady Sizemore an incentive-laden one-year deal. Most of them are illegal, but there are worse things to do. Yes, he’s missed 220 of a possible 324 games while hitting just .220 with a .659 OPS, but it’s not crazy to think that he could put together some kind of short stretch here or there that would help a lot of teams out. You just can’t go expecting him to fill the position for the entire season or go into it without about 17 backup options.
He’s intriguing, is what I’m saying. And I’m not just saying that because I think that the word “intriguing” is going to be written next to Sizemore’s name 1000 times this offseason and I just want to be the earliest Google result for it.
OK, maybe I am.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)