Nov 1, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
We were told that negotiations between Brian Cashman and the Yankees over a new contract were going smoothly. Must have, because the Yankees just announced that Cashman has agreed to a new three-year deal. No details have been announced yet, but you can probably assume a bit of a raise was involved and all will proceed as all has proceeded to date.
Quite the drama-free offseason so far for the Yankees, eh? Sign Sabathia, extend Cashman, exercise the options on Cano and Swisher. All before noon on Novmember 1st.
Are we gonna get any drama from the Bronx this winter? God, I hope so. Not sure what I’ll do without it. Somebody go poke Hank Steinbrenner with a stick or something. Maybe something neat will happen.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)