Nov 1, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
We were told that negotiations between Brian Cashman and the Yankees over a new contract were going smoothly. Must have, because the Yankees just announced that Cashman has agreed to a new three-year deal. No details have been announced yet, but you can probably assume a bit of a raise was involved and all will proceed as all has proceeded to date.
Quite the drama-free offseason so far for the Yankees, eh? Sign Sabathia, extend Cashman, exercise the options on Cano and Swisher. All before noon on Novmember 1st.
Are we gonna get any drama from the Bronx this winter? God, I hope so. Not sure what I’ll do without it. Somebody go poke Hank Steinbrenner with a stick or something. Maybe something neat will happen.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)