Nov 1, 2011, 11:33 AM EDT
We were told that negotiations between Brian Cashman and the Yankees over a new contract were going smoothly. Must have, because the Yankees just announced that Cashman has agreed to a new three-year deal. No details have been announced yet, but you can probably assume a bit of a raise was involved and all will proceed as all has proceeded to date.
Quite the drama-free offseason so far for the Yankees, eh? Sign Sabathia, extend Cashman, exercise the options on Cano and Swisher. All before noon on Novmember 1st.
Are we gonna get any drama from the Bronx this winter? God, I hope so. Not sure what I’ll do without it. Somebody go poke Hank Steinbrenner with a stick or something. Maybe something neat will happen.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- Posnanski: How Heat won a game of mistakes
- GTC: Tiger pulls out of AT&T citing elbow issue
- HBT: Biogenesis suspensions still likely coming