Nov 1, 2011, 11:33 AM EST
We were told that negotiations between Brian Cashman and the Yankees over a new contract were going smoothly. Must have, because the Yankees just announced that Cashman has agreed to a new three-year deal. No details have been announced yet, but you can probably assume a bit of a raise was involved and all will proceed as all has proceeded to date.
Quite the drama-free offseason so far for the Yankees, eh? Sign Sabathia, extend Cashman, exercise the options on Cano and Swisher. All before noon on Novmember 1st.
Are we gonna get any drama from the Bronx this winter? God, I hope so. Not sure what I’ll do without it. Somebody go poke Hank Steinbrenner with a stick or something. Maybe something neat will happen.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)