Nov 2, 2011, 11:34 AM EST
We mock his immaturity, but we must marvel at his abilities: Bryce Harper is playing in the Arizona Fall League, and he’s basically toying with it: He was was 2-4 with a homer and two RBI yesterday and, in the last eight games, he’s hit five homers and 17 RBI.
There are several players with better overall numbers on the AFL leader board right now, but they’re all at least a year — and in many cases several years — older than Harper. And they didn’t have a nearly .900 OPS across high-A and double-A ball at age 18 like Harper did in 2011.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (91)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)