Nov 2, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
We mock his immaturity, but we must marvel at his abilities: Bryce Harper is playing in the Arizona Fall League, and he’s basically toying with it: He was was 2-4 with a homer and two RBI yesterday and, in the last eight games, he’s hit five homers and 17 RBI.
There are several players with better overall numbers on the AFL leader board right now, but they’re all at least a year — and in many cases several years — older than Harper. And they didn’t have a nearly .900 OPS across high-A and double-A ball at age 18 like Harper did in 2011.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 0
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 36
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 14
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 31
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)