Nov 2, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
We mock his immaturity, but we must marvel at his abilities: Bryce Harper is playing in the Arizona Fall League, and he’s basically toying with it: He was was 2-4 with a homer and two RBI yesterday and, in the last eight games, he’s hit five homers and 17 RBI.
There are several players with better overall numbers on the AFL leader board right now, but they’re all at least a year — and in many cases several years — older than Harper. And they didn’t have a nearly .900 OPS across high-A and double-A ball at age 18 like Harper did in 2011.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (84)