Nov 2, 2011, 9:25 PM EDT
McDonald batted just .169/.222/.203 in 63 plate appearances after joining Arizona in late August, but he’s still a capable defender at the age of 37 and will provide the Snakes with insurance at shortstop in case Stephen Drew (fractured ankle) isn’t back to 100 percent by Opening Day next April.
McDonald appeared in 26 games at third base, 21 games at second base and 38 games at shortstop during the 2011 season. He’s also seen time in the outfield in recent years.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Bruins stymie Blackhawks, take Game 3
- Survival and heartbreak at US Open
- PHT: Hossa day to day with upper-body injury
- Protesters back in streets of Brazilian cities
- Posnanski: More Open heartbreak for Mickelson
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- PBT: Unheralded Green could steal NBA Finals MVP