Nov 2, 2011, 12:02 PM EST
I wasn’t even aware that they let Len Dykstra out of jail, but apparently he’s free on bail because according to this farkakte press release that readers Jonny 5 and Bicepts each brought to my attention, he’s free enough to where he’s going to fight Jose Canseco in one of those ghastly celebrity boxing match things. And when I say “ghastly,” it refers to just how horribly these things mangle the concept of “celebrity.”
Dykstra is a last minute replacement for the guy who got “famous” for crashing the White House party last year with his wife. And then his wife ran off with the guitar player for Journey. And I wish to God that I was (a) making that up; and/or (b) didn’t know it off the top of my head. I need to step away from the Internet.
Anyway, I can’t think of how either Dykstra or Canseco can sink any lower. Don’t get me wrong, they will sink lower, of this I have no doubt. I just can’t think of how they’ll do it.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 7
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 42
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 21
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 106
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)