Nov 2, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
“I just felt my belt buckle go into my pelvic bone,” Markakis said. “And it knocked me pretty good, just repeatedly diving into it during the season.”
Markakis described the injury as like “a dagger in my stomach,” but added that he expects to be fully healthy in plenty of time for spring training and hopes it won’t impact his offseason training.
Markakis, who posted a sub-.800 OPS for the first time in his career at age 27, has three years and $44 million remaining on his contract.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 60
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 42
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 66
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Grizzlies aim to stem Spurs' momentum
- HBT: Yankees buying share of expansion MLS team
- PHT: Kings searching for killer instinct in Game 4
- PFT: Romo out of OTAs after back surgery
- PFT: NFL want to make Pro Bowl like game show
- PFT: Bucs saw Revis injury as opportunity
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead