Nov 2, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
“I just felt my belt buckle go into my pelvic bone,” Markakis said. “And it knocked me pretty good, just repeatedly diving into it during the season.”
Markakis described the injury as like “a dagger in my stomach,” but added that he expects to be fully healthy in plenty of time for spring training and hopes it won’t impact his offseason training.
Markakis, who posted a sub-.800 OPS for the first time in his career at age 27, has three years and $44 million remaining on his contract.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 68
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 53
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11