Nov 2, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Even after coming back from surgery O’Day missed the end of the season with shoulder problems, so he’s certainly a big question mark health-wise.
However, he came into this season with a 2.63 ERA and 130/44 K/BB ratio in 164 career innings and the 29-year-old side-armer is definitely a worthwhile flier for the Orioles to take in the hopes of adding a solid right-handed relief option.
Not a bad pickup for a team that doesn’t even have a general manager.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)