Nov 2, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
Even after coming back from surgery O’Day missed the end of the season with shoulder problems, so he’s certainly a big question mark health-wise.
However, he came into this season with a 2.63 ERA and 130/44 K/BB ratio in 164 career innings and the 29-year-old side-armer is definitely a worthwhile flier for the Orioles to take in the hopes of adding a solid right-handed relief option.
Not a bad pickup for a team that doesn’t even have a general manager.
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 26
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 24
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 81
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 50
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (87)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)