Nov 2, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Even after coming back from surgery O’Day missed the end of the season with shoulder problems, so he’s certainly a big question mark health-wise.
However, he came into this season with a 2.63 ERA and 130/44 K/BB ratio in 164 career innings and the 29-year-old side-armer is definitely a worthwhile flier for the Orioles to take in the hopes of adding a solid right-handed relief option.
Not a bad pickup for a team that doesn’t even have a general manager.
- Brad Ausmus receives a vote of confidence from new Tigers general manager Al Avila 9
- Title or no title, Dave Dombrowski’s tenure in Detroit was a success 27
- Dave Dombrowski out as Tigers General Manager, team president; Al Avila takes over 59
- Blue Jays’ Aaron Sanchez, John Gibbons disciplined in the wake of Sunday’s plunkings 72
- Believe the hype: Carlos Correa is already a superstar 34
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 100
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” (109)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (88)