Nov 2, 2011, 2:05 PM EST
Even after coming back from surgery O’Day missed the end of the season with shoulder problems, so he’s certainly a big question mark health-wise.
However, he came into this season with a 2.63 ERA and 130/44 K/BB ratio in 164 career innings and the 29-year-old side-armer is definitely a worthwhile flier for the Orioles to take in the hopes of adding a solid right-handed relief option.
Not a bad pickup for a team that doesn’t even have a general manager.
- Matt Harvey makes his return. And he was really impressive. 19
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 28
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 34
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 146
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (380)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (147)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)