Nov 2, 2011, 2:05 PM EDT
Even after coming back from surgery O’Day missed the end of the season with shoulder problems, so he’s certainly a big question mark health-wise.
However, he came into this season with a 2.63 ERA and 130/44 K/BB ratio in 164 career innings and the 29-year-old side-armer is definitely a worthwhile flier for the Orioles to take in the hopes of adding a solid right-handed relief option.
Not a bad pickup for a team that doesn’t even have a general manager.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)