Nov 2, 2011, 5:40 PM EDT
On the heels of Tuesday’s news that Blue Jays assistant GM Tony Lacava turned down the Orioles’ GM opening comes word from ESPN’s Buster Olney today that Jerry Dipoto was originally Baltimore’s top choice, but that he withdrew from the process following his interview.
Dipoto has since been named GM of the Angels.
After relaying the news, which came from an undisclosed source, Olney went on to tweet:
There are other highly regarded assistant GMs telling friends they would not consider O’s job if called. O’s have major perception problem.
That’s apparently in addition to the reality problem they’ve struggled with for years.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 0
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 88
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (88)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)