Nov 3, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
This ceased to be a baseball story a long damn time ago. And maybe it’s no longer properly in HBT’s jurisdiction. But I kinda don’t care. Sometimes you just have to highlight the fact that there’s some hope in this mean old world and, for whatever reason, Bryan Stow’s progress represents hope to me right now.
Anyway: Bryan Stow’s family has updated their blog about Stow’s progress and recovery and today they have some interesting and encouraging news: Stow has written his own name. There’s a picture of it there.
This isn’t miracle territory — I don’t believe in those — and I’m too hard headed to get too caught up on some emotional level by these sorts of reports. But it is great news given how dire some of the reports of his prognosis were several months ago.
(link via the L.A. Times)
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 272
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (275)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Gregg Zaun says young players should be physically abused and hazed by veterans. So they can learn respect. (105)