Nov 3, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
This ceased to be a baseball story a long damn time ago. And maybe it’s no longer properly in HBT’s jurisdiction. But I kinda don’t care. Sometimes you just have to highlight the fact that there’s some hope in this mean old world and, for whatever reason, Bryan Stow’s progress represents hope to me right now.
Anyway: Bryan Stow’s family has updated their blog about Stow’s progress and recovery and today they have some interesting and encouraging news: Stow has written his own name. There’s a picture of it there.
This isn’t miracle territory — I don’t believe in those — and I’m too hard headed to get too caught up on some emotional level by these sorts of reports. But it is great news given how dire some of the reports of his prognosis were several months ago.
(link via the L.A. Times)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 31
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 51
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 90
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (90)