Nov 3, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT
This ceased to be a baseball story a long damn time ago. And maybe it’s no longer properly in HBT’s jurisdiction. But I kinda don’t care. Sometimes you just have to highlight the fact that there’s some hope in this mean old world and, for whatever reason, Bryan Stow’s progress represents hope to me right now.
Anyway: Bryan Stow’s family has updated their blog about Stow’s progress and recovery and today they have some interesting and encouraging news: Stow has written his own name. There’s a picture of it there.
This isn’t miracle territory — I don’t believe in those — and I’m too hard headed to get too caught up on some emotional level by these sorts of reports. But it is great news given how dire some of the reports of his prognosis were several months ago.
(link via the L.A. Times)
- Who really owns a home run ball? 56
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 125
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 127
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Remembering David Letterman’s best sports moments 11
- Ryan Zimmerman is Mr. Walk-Off (and the numbers to prove it) 11
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (125)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)