Nov 3, 2011, 11:00 AM EST
This ceased to be a baseball story a long damn time ago. And maybe it’s no longer properly in HBT’s jurisdiction. But I kinda don’t care. Sometimes you just have to highlight the fact that there’s some hope in this mean old world and, for whatever reason, Bryan Stow’s progress represents hope to me right now.
Anyway: Bryan Stow’s family has updated their blog about Stow’s progress and recovery and today they have some interesting and encouraging news: Stow has written his own name. There’s a picture of it there.
This isn’t miracle territory — I don’t believe in those — and I’m too hard headed to get too caught up on some emotional level by these sorts of reports. But it is great news given how dire some of the reports of his prognosis were several months ago.
(link via the L.A. Times)
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (102)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)