Bryan Stow writes his name

Nov 3, 2011, 11:00 AM EDT

Giants Fan Attacked AP

This ceased to be a baseball story a long damn time ago. And maybe it’s no longer properly in HBT’s jurisdiction. But I kinda don’t care. Sometimes you just have to highlight the fact that there’s some hope in this mean old world and, for whatever reason, Bryan Stow’s progress represents hope to me right now.

Anyway:  Bryan Stow’s family has updated their blog about Stow’s progress and recovery and today they have some interesting and encouraging news: Stow has written his own name. There’s a picture of it there.

This isn’t miracle territory — I don’t believe in those — and I’m too hard headed to get too caught up on some emotional level by these sorts of reports. But it is great news given how dire some of the reports of his prognosis were several months ago.

(link via the L.A. Times)

1. goawaydog - Nov 3, 2011 at 11:09 AM

Awesome news! Thanks for keeping us up to date, i bet most HBT readers agree with you fully and are pulling for Bryan and his family.

2. kandh2004 - Nov 3, 2011 at 11:16 AM

I don’t care if it’s not a baseball story any more this is the only place you can get updates (besides the family’s blog) so keep them coming I love seeing this guy get better

• stlouis1baseball - Nov 3, 2011 at 11:22 AM

That makes three of us. I appreciate the updates Craig. Keep em’ coming.
      Bryan…well done. We are pulling for you!

• umrguy42 - Nov 3, 2011 at 1:20 PM

And me. Craig, you keep writing on it, and I’ll keep reading it.

3. SmackSaw - Nov 3, 2011 at 11:30 AM

Wow. He’s a tough dude.

4. natsattack - Nov 3, 2011 at 11:37 AM

Make it 4

5. yankeesgameday - Nov 3, 2011 at 11:40 AM

Keep these updates coming. Please. And thank you.

I think the vast majority of us recognize hbt as an excellent clearing house for the gambit of baseball related news/updates so thank you for keeping your radar tuned to the broader baseball world.

6. bigtrav425 - Nov 3, 2011 at 11:59 AM

your comments contradict the story in the sense if you really didn’t believe in miracles or wasn’t emotionally attatched to the story….you wouldn’t of typed it..bottom line…its ok to admit your emotionally attatched to something,especially something like this.your no less of a man.but you are less of a man for not being able to admit it

• Alex K - Nov 3, 2011 at 12:40 PM

Not true, bigtrav. It is very easy to follow a story and be interested in the progress and outcome yet not be emotionally invested, or believe in miracles. I feel the same way Craig does.

What I’m saying is, maybe we shouldn’t question someones manhood because they are interested in a story for reasons that you don’t understand.

7. cur68 - Nov 3, 2011 at 12:15 PM

Nice bit of news to start my day here out west. I hope the updates keep coming, too. He’s a baseball fan, like us. As far as I’m concerned he’s an honorary commenter (I choose to consider that an honor at any rate).

8. mykolm - Nov 3, 2011 at 1:40 PM

Way to promote your non-spiritual beliefs yet again…

Great news nonetheless. Thanks for the update.

Who are the favorites for Rookie of the Year?
  1. J. Soler (3627)