Nov 3, 2011, 10:06 PM EDT
Chen posted a respectable 3.77 ERA and 1.30 WHIP across 25 starts during the 2011 regular season.
He only struck out 97 batters in 155 innings and he owns an ugly 4.52 career ERA, but the market for starting pitchers this winter is incredibly weak and the 34-year-old southpaw should benefit greatly.
Chen is known to be seeking a multi-year deal. His salary demands, however, are not yet clear.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- National League GM says Phillies’ asking price for Cole Hamels hasn’t dropped “one bit” 16
- Giants receive their 2014 World Series championship rings 22
- Angels activate Garrett Richards for Sunday debut 2
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (128)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (103)