Nov 3, 2011, 10:06 PM EDT
Chen posted a respectable 3.77 ERA and 1.30 WHIP across 25 starts during the 2011 regular season.
He only struck out 97 batters in 155 innings and he owns an ugly 4.52 career ERA, but the market for starting pitchers this winter is incredibly weak and the 34-year-old southpaw should benefit greatly.
Chen is known to be seeking a multi-year deal. His salary demands, however, are not yet clear.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 34
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 6
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 29
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 44
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 73
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)