Nov 3, 2011, 2:09 AM EDT
After his heroics in the World Series, you had to know that life was going to become very, very good for David Freese.
As a Cardinal playing in his native St. Louis, the World Series MVP might never again be forced to buy his own drink or pay for his own dinner, even if he regresses to Willie Bloomquist for the rest of his career.
From tooling around in his brand new Corvette, to hanging out on the “Tonight Show” with Justin Bieber (right), the offseason is going to be quite enjoyable for the 28-year-old third baseman.
And if you think I’m lying, check out this headline from the St. Louis Post-Dispatch: David Freese wows a Macy’s Galleria crowd.
Yeah that’s right, the Richmond Heights, Mo. Macy’s was abuzz on Wednesday, and I’m not exaggerating. According to the story, fans started getting in line the night before to snag one of the 275 wristbands that gave them a chance to take part in the event. The wristband gave the bearer the right to spend “at least $50 on Macy’s merchandise,” which you have to admit is quite a deal all by itself. (Think they sold any of these?)
But of course that’s not all they got, the big payoff being a signed baseball from their hero. Not too bad when you think about it, for the fans or for Freese.
Enjoy your new-found celebrity Mr. MVP. It’s good to be the king.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (94)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (89)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (87)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (82)