Nov 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
After being turned down by both Jerry Dipoto and Tony Lacava the Orioles have expanded their search for a new general manager to include Phillies assistant GM Scott Proefrock and Twins vice president of player personnel Mike Radcliff.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Proefrock will meet with the Orioles today and the team has asked for permission to speak with Radcliff.
Proefrock served as the Orioles’ director of baseball administration from 2006-2008 before leaving to take his job with the Phillies, so he presumably knows what working for Baltimore is about and won’t be scared off like Dipoto and LaCava.
According to Connolly “there is no plan to re-interview” in-house candidate John Stockstill or Dodgers assistant GM De Jon Watson, who were both included in the initial mix of candidates.
- Zack Wheeler goes six scoreless innings in MLB debut 4
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 36
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 26
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 41
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 52
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat force Game 7
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL