Nov 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
After being turned down by both Jerry Dipoto and Tony Lacava the Orioles have expanded their search for a new general manager to include Phillies assistant GM Scott Proefrock and Twins vice president of player personnel Mike Radcliff.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Proefrock will meet with the Orioles today and the team has asked for permission to speak with Radcliff.
Proefrock served as the Orioles’ director of baseball administration from 2006-2008 before leaving to take his job with the Phillies, so he presumably knows what working for Baltimore is about and won’t be scared off like Dipoto and LaCava.
According to Connolly “there is no plan to re-interview” in-house candidate John Stockstill or Dodgers assistant GM De Jon Watson, who were both included in the initial mix of candidates.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 56
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 16
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 98
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Report: Pete Rose bet on baseball as a player, not just as a manager (148)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- First-ever female baseball player added to MLB’s international registration list (104)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (98)