Nov 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
After being turned down by both Jerry Dipoto and Tony Lacava the Orioles have expanded their search for a new general manager to include Phillies assistant GM Scott Proefrock and Twins vice president of player personnel Mike Radcliff.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Proefrock will meet with the Orioles today and the team has asked for permission to speak with Radcliff.
Proefrock served as the Orioles’ director of baseball administration from 2006-2008 before leaving to take his job with the Phillies, so he presumably knows what working for Baltimore is about and won’t be scared off like Dipoto and LaCava.
According to Connolly “there is no plan to re-interview” in-house candidate John Stockstill or Dodgers assistant GM De Jon Watson, who were both included in the initial mix of candidates.
- The beauty of belief 18
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 35
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 70
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 15
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)