Nov 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
After being turned down by both Jerry Dipoto and Tony Lacava the Orioles have expanded their search for a new general manager to include Phillies assistant GM Scott Proefrock and Twins vice president of player personnel Mike Radcliff.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Proefrock will meet with the Orioles today and the team has asked for permission to speak with Radcliff.
Proefrock served as the Orioles’ director of baseball administration from 2006-2008 before leaving to take his job with the Phillies, so he presumably knows what working for Baltimore is about and won’t be scared off like Dipoto and LaCava.
According to Connolly “there is no plan to re-interview” in-house candidate John Stockstill or Dodgers assistant GM De Jon Watson, who were both included in the initial mix of candidates.
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 5
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 58
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 46
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 80
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (248)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)