Nov 3, 2011, 11:19 AM EDT
After being turned down by both Jerry Dipoto and Tony Lacava the Orioles have expanded their search for a new general manager to include Phillies assistant GM Scott Proefrock and Twins vice president of player personnel Mike Radcliff.
Dan Connolly of the Baltimore Sun reports that Proefrock will meet with the Orioles today and the team has asked for permission to speak with Radcliff.
Proefrock served as the Orioles’ director of baseball administration from 2006-2008 before leaving to take his job with the Phillies, so he presumably knows what working for Baltimore is about and won’t be scared off like Dipoto and LaCava.
According to Connolly “there is no plan to re-interview” in-house candidate John Stockstill or Dodgers assistant GM De Jon Watson, who were both included in the initial mix of candidates.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 34
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 28
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)