Nov 4, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
This from CSNChicago.com is pretty funny. Old boss, meet the new boss: Theo Epstein and former Cubs GM Jim Hendry were at the same event at the Palm Restaurant in Chicago last night. Actually had some small talk and everything.
I only met Jim Hendry once and it was for about ten minutes when he just plopped down next to me in the press box at Spring Training last March. There wasn’t much more than our own small talk, but to the extent you can judge a person in such settings, I got the sense that there aren’t many people more comfortable in their own skin than Jim Hendry. Just seemed like a totally grounded and well-adjusted dude. In contrast, other GMs don’t often just hang around and shoot the breeze with, well, anyone. At least at spring training.
So I guess if there was any awkwardness in all of that, it was probably on Epstein’s part, not Hendry’s. Hell, he probably bought Epstein a drink.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 14
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)