Nov 4, 2011, 3:23 PM EDT
This from CSNChicago.com is pretty funny. Old boss, meet the new boss: Theo Epstein and former Cubs GM Jim Hendry were at the same event at the Palm Restaurant in Chicago last night. Actually had some small talk and everything.
I only met Jim Hendry once and it was for about ten minutes when he just plopped down next to me in the press box at Spring Training last March. There wasn’t much more than our own small talk, but to the extent you can judge a person in such settings, I got the sense that there aren’t many people more comfortable in their own skin than Jim Hendry. Just seemed like a totally grounded and well-adjusted dude. In contrast, other GMs don’t often just hang around and shoot the breeze with, well, anyone. At least at spring training.
So I guess if there was any awkwardness in all of that, it was probably on Epstein’s part, not Hendry’s. Hell, he probably bought Epstein a drink.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 53
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 97
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (97)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)