Nov 4, 2011, 3:23 PM EST
This from CSNChicago.com is pretty funny. Old boss, meet the new boss: Theo Epstein and former Cubs GM Jim Hendry were at the same event at the Palm Restaurant in Chicago last night. Actually had some small talk and everything.
I only met Jim Hendry once and it was for about ten minutes when he just plopped down next to me in the press box at Spring Training last March. There wasn’t much more than our own small talk, but to the extent you can judge a person in such settings, I got the sense that there aren’t many people more comfortable in their own skin than Jim Hendry. Just seemed like a totally grounded and well-adjusted dude. In contrast, other GMs don’t often just hang around and shoot the breeze with, well, anyone. At least at spring training.
So I guess if there was any awkwardness in all of that, it was probably on Epstein’s part, not Hendry’s. Hell, he probably bought Epstein a drink.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 3
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 293
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)