Nov 4, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Oakland general manager Billy Beane indicated earlier this week that the team’s ballpark situation being in flux could keep them from spending significant money on free agents and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the A’s will listen to offers on basically every player.
According to Rosenthal free agents Josh Willingham, Coco Crisp, and David DeJesus are all but certain to leave the A’s and among players under contract only second baseman Jemile Weeks is totally off limits.
Things could change in a hurry if the potential San Jose ballpark plans are approved, but short of that happening Rosenthal writes that Beane’s offseason will be spent trimming an already modest payroll.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 22
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 53
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 39
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 159
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (159)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)