Nov 4, 2011, 1:47 PM EDT
Oakland general manager Billy Beane indicated earlier this week that the team’s ballpark situation being in flux could keep them from spending significant money on free agents and now Ken Rosenthal of FOXSports.com reports that the A’s will listen to offers on basically every player.
According to Rosenthal free agents Josh Willingham, Coco Crisp, and David DeJesus are all but certain to leave the A’s and among players under contract only second baseman Jemile Weeks is totally off limits.
Things could change in a hurry if the potential San Jose ballpark plans are approved, but short of that happening Rosenthal writes that Beane’s offseason will be spent trimming an already modest payroll.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 23
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 35
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)