Nov 4, 2011, 4:30 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal hears that Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum “appears to be the front-runner” for the Red Sox’ vacant managerial position. Which, given that it’s not a race as much as it is a binary yes/no kind of thing, is not the most illuminating thing in the world, but you know how this stuff goes.
He may very well be the top choice. Earlier today Heyman said that he and Mike Maddux are favored by the Boston brass. And because the Red Sox, Cubs and Cardinals are apparently playing a grand game of musical chairs here, you can kind of figure that Maddux is high on the Cubs list and that Pete Mackanin, Terry Francona and Ryne Sandberg are all eyeing each other warily, waiting for the music to stop.
Hell, all we need now is a “Mystery Manager” to enter the scene and this will be more fun than any chaotic December free agent rumor-fest we’re likely to get.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 60
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 6
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 67
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (85)