Nov 5, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Sorry to ruin your evening plans, everyone, but Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Lenny Dykstra has backed out of tonight’s celebrity boxing match with Jose Canseco.
We learned earlier this week that Dykstra would participate in the event after White House party crasher Tareq Salahi ducked out.
No word on the reason for the change of plans on Dykstra’s part, but Howard Eskin speculated earlier this afternoon that it could have to do with injury or his failure to get out of house arrest. Sadness piled upon sadness.
Of course, Jose allegedly sent his brother Ozzie to fight in his place at a celebrity boxing event earlier this summer in Florida, so there’s a chance Dykstra wouldn’t have fought the right Canseco even if he was able to show up.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 15
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 78
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)