Nov 5, 2011, 4:41 PM EST
Sorry to ruin your evening plans, everyone, but Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Lenny Dykstra has backed out of tonight’s celebrity boxing match with Jose Canseco.
We learned earlier this week that Dykstra would participate in the event after White House party crasher Tareq Salahi ducked out.
No word on the reason for the change of plans on Dykstra’s part, but Howard Eskin speculated earlier this afternoon that it could have to do with injury or his failure to get out of house arrest. Sadness piled upon sadness.
Of course, Jose allegedly sent his brother Ozzie to fight in his place at a celebrity boxing event earlier this summer in Florida, so there’s a chance Dykstra wouldn’t have fought the right Canseco even if he was able to show up.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 0
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 31
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 12
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 43
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 133
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (134)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)