Nov 5, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Sorry to ruin your evening plans, everyone, but Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Lenny Dykstra has backed out of tonight’s celebrity boxing match with Jose Canseco.
We learned earlier this week that Dykstra would participate in the event after White House party crasher Tareq Salahi ducked out.
No word on the reason for the change of plans on Dykstra’s part, but Howard Eskin speculated earlier this afternoon that it could have to do with injury or his failure to get out of house arrest. Sadness piled upon sadness.
Of course, Jose allegedly sent his brother Ozzie to fight in his place at a celebrity boxing event earlier this summer in Florida, so there’s a chance Dykstra wouldn’t have fought the right Canseco even if he was able to show up.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 5
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 23
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL