Nov 5, 2011, 4:41 PM EDT
Sorry to ruin your evening plans, everyone, but Paul Hagen of the Philadelphia Daily News is reporting that Lenny Dykstra has backed out of tonight’s celebrity boxing match with Jose Canseco.
We learned earlier this week that Dykstra would participate in the event after White House party crasher Tareq Salahi ducked out.
No word on the reason for the change of plans on Dykstra’s part, but Howard Eskin speculated earlier this afternoon that it could have to do with injury or his failure to get out of house arrest. Sadness piled upon sadness.
Of course, Jose allegedly sent his brother Ozzie to fight in his place at a celebrity boxing event earlier this summer in Florida, so there’s a chance Dykstra wouldn’t have fought the right Canseco even if he was able to show up.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (162)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)