Nov 5, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Let the carousel of managerial candidates continue.
Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux will interview next week for the manager gigs with the Red Sox and Cubs, according to Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest. He’ll meet with Boston on Tuesday and Chicago on Wednesday.
Maddux worked for the Rangers for the past three seasons and was also the pitching coach with the Brewers from 2003-2008.
The Cubs met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin yesterday and are scheduled to interview Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum on Monday. As for the Red Sox, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. has an interview lined up on Wednesday.
- Video: Watch Kris Bryant get his first major league hit and RBI 4
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 15
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 18
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 48
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 49
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)