Nov 5, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Let the carousel of managerial candidates continue.
Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux will interview next week for the manager gigs with the Red Sox and Cubs, according to Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest. He’ll meet with Boston on Tuesday and Chicago on Wednesday.
Maddux worked for the Rangers for the past three seasons and was also the pitching coach with the Brewers from 2003-2008.
The Cubs met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin yesterday and are scheduled to interview Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum on Monday. As for the Red Sox, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. has an interview lined up on Wednesday.
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 25
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 41
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 39
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)