Nov 5, 2011, 9:50 AM EST
Let the carousel of managerial candidates continue.
Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux will interview next week for the manager gigs with the Red Sox and Cubs, according to Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest. He’ll meet with Boston on Tuesday and Chicago on Wednesday.
Maddux worked for the Rangers for the past three seasons and was also the pitching coach with the Brewers from 2003-2008.
The Cubs met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin yesterday and are scheduled to interview Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum on Monday. As for the Red Sox, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. has an interview lined up on Wednesday.
- Blue Jays acquire Josh Donaldson in a trade with the Athletics 40
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 87
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 164
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (164)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)