Nov 5, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Let the carousel of managerial candidates continue.
Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux will interview next week for the manager gigs with the Red Sox and Cubs, according to Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest. He’ll meet with Boston on Tuesday and Chicago on Wednesday.
Maddux worked for the Rangers for the past three seasons and was also the pitching coach with the Brewers from 2003-2008.
The Cubs met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin yesterday and are scheduled to interview Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum on Monday. As for the Red Sox, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. has an interview lined up on Wednesday.
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 1
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 36
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 26
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 60
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)