Nov 5, 2011, 9:50 AM EDT
Let the carousel of managerial candidates continue.
Rangers pitching coach Mike Maddux will interview next week for the manager gigs with the Red Sox and Cubs, according to Anthony Andro of FOX Sports Southwest. He’ll meet with Boston on Tuesday and Chicago on Wednesday.
Maddux worked for the Rangers for the past three seasons and was also the pitching coach with the Brewers from 2003-2008.
The Cubs met with Phillies bench coach Pete Mackanin yesterday and are scheduled to interview Brewers hitting coach Dale Sveum on Monday. As for the Red Sox, Sean McAdam of CSNNE.com reports that Indians bench coach Sandy Alomar, Jr. has an interview lined up on Wednesday.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)