A recording of Ron Washington’s speech before Game 7…

Nov 6, 2011, 3:22 PM EDT

World Series Rangers Cardinals Baseball AP

The fine fellas at Joe Sports Fan have obtained a recording of Rangers manager Ron Washington’s pregame speech from Game 7 of the World Series.

It’s about as graphic as it gets, with Washington frequently referring to Cardinals starter Chris Carpenter as “mutha-f#%king Carp.” He also quotes the Three Musketeers, so there’s that.

JSF’s Matt Sebek says the audio was recorded by a member of the Rangers clubhouse staff. Give it a listen (over and over and over again) right here.

Or simply hit play on the embedded video below.

Ron Washington’s Game 7 Clubhouse Speech from JoeSportsFan.com on Vimeo.

1. theolgoaler - Nov 6, 2011 at 3:37 PM

Didn’t (CENSORED) work, did it? ;-)

2. kevinf003 - Nov 6, 2011 at 3:38 PM

who ever recorded this should be fired… whats said in the locker room during the managers players meeting should be kept private…. im sure the cards where saying the same thing….. just a way to fire up your team for a big game

• aceshigh11 - Nov 6, 2011 at 3:50 PM

I tend to agree.

I hope no one finds this shocking in this day and age. I guarantee EVERY manager and every coach in all of pro-sports talk this way before every game, not just big games.

Non-issue.

3. halladaysbiceps - Nov 6, 2011 at 3:47 PM

Hahahahahaha!!! This the the greatest pre-game manager bit I have ever heard. Washington sounds like a pimp getting his ladies hyped up before they hit the streets. I swear, after baseball, Washington should to a HBO stand up comedy show. Guy is as dirty as Richard Pryor.

It’s definitely worth the listen.

• texasdawg - Nov 6, 2011 at 6:01 PM

A pimp? Really? Yikes.

4. nprakash5 - Nov 6, 2011 at 3:56 PM

who are the other guys talking? anybody knows?

• halladaysbiceps - Nov 6, 2011 at 4:10 PM

The bat boy and the janitor.

• deet0852 - Nov 6, 2011 at 6:33 PM

Michael Young was first, then Ian Kinsler, and Nelson Cruz after him

5. celluloidheroes23 - Nov 6, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Ron Washington sounds like Jules from Pulp Fiction

• paperlions - Nov 6, 2011 at 6:43 PM

Ron Washington sounds nothing like Samuel L. Jackson….nothing at all.

6. nprakash5 - Nov 6, 2011 at 4:01 PM

Ron ‘Denzel’ Washington!!

7. okwhitefalcon - Nov 6, 2011 at 4:23 PM

That was priceless, funny stuff.

8. Old Gator - Nov 6, 2011 at 5:09 PM

I didn’t hear one single ptooey!, which means he didn’t bite the heads off of any live chickens. There you have it. For want of a nail, the horseshoe was lost….

9. texasdawg - Nov 6, 2011 at 6:00 PM

As a life-long Rangers fan, I hope Ron Washington is the Rangers manager as long as he wants to be.

• halladaysbiceps - Nov 6, 2011 at 6:06 PM

Hey, after listening to the audio, I am now a Ron Washington fan. I can see why his players like him.

Like a boss.

10. cur68 - Nov 6, 2011 at 9:08 PM

I’ve heard worse language at a bake sale. I was at least expecting someone’s mother to be mentioned by name in relation to congress.

11. dickclydesdale - Nov 6, 2011 at 9:19 PM

Classless Rangers ballclub! No wonder they lost 2 world series in a row.
    They have zero etiquette!

• manbur1 - Nov 9, 2011 at 2:58 PM

I am a Cardinals fan through and through, to the point that Ive been told that Ive “drank the Kool-Aid.” With that being said, I have to admit that I like Ron Washington. There was nothing classless about this speech. It was a pep talk…in a locker room!! Ive had high school coaches speak worse than he did when I was playing sports. They didnt win because of his speech, they lost because they were outplayed. If you think there wasnt a similar conversation going on in the Cards locker room, then you are delusional.

12. t3dstrik3r - Nov 6, 2011 at 10:00 PM

One word: crackhead. That stuff did permanent damage. You can hear it in his voice, if you’re at all familiar with anyone who’s had issues with crack cocaine.

• opshuns - Nov 7, 2011 at 1:08 PM

Actually, crack doesn’t mess with the larnyx. It does bring on saggy testi bag snydrome. Stereotyping???

13. mackeralcrand - Nov 6, 2011 at 10:21 PM

Ron Washington is a god among men.

Makes Tommy LaSorda sound like a p#$$y.

14. brewcrewfan54 - Nov 6, 2011 at 11:06 PM

Sadly in our age ofeveryone carrying around some sort of device that can record things this was bound to happen. The Cardinals need to do something with the guy who did this though. Fire, suspend, reassign to urinal cake duty, something. We all know the visitors clubhouse attendants are fans of the other team but a team shouldn’t have to worry about any of this type of B.S with them.

• paperlions - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:08 AM

Can you not read?

“JSF’s Matt Sebek says the audio was recorded by a member of the Rangers clubhouse staff”

Team’s have their own clubhouse staffs that travel with the team. It was an employee of the Rangers, not of the Cardinals. You can rest assured that if it was a visiting clubhouse attendant that it would have said so, but it did not, because it wasn’t.

Don’t you have a blog to attend to where you can write poorly concieved essays in fits of jealousy?

• brewcrewfan54 - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:20 AM

I made a mistake. You could have pointed that out without being a jerk. I guess thats not your style. Anf no I have no blog Mr Baseball authority.

• paperlions - Nov 7, 2011 at 6:27 AM

Yeah, I could have…but you are so consistently jerky in your posts that I didn’t think you would have noticed if I was polite. My bad.

• brewcrewfan54 - Nov 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Show me one of my posts where I’m a jerk. In the few short weeks I’ve posted on this site I’m sure they’re few and far between.

• Old Gator - Nov 7, 2011 at 11:56 AM

Clearly, since you have not been much of a jerk in your posts, it is between posts that you have been a jerk. That’s what the space between posts is for. Positive cyberspace is reserved for your best profile.

15. romoscollarbone - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:05 AM

You think born again Josh Hamilton, pulled Wash aside and told him he didn’t appreciate the language?

• pistolpete31 - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:01 PM

16. pisano - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:07 AM

I’m no choir boy, but if you take mother fuc#er out of his vocabulary the man is lost. As another poster said, too much crack cocaine maybe.

17. Francisco (FC) - Nov 7, 2011 at 9:14 AM

I just wish we had a recordings of all of Ichiro’s pre-game AL all-star speeches … *sigh*

18. thefalcon123 - Nov 7, 2011 at 9:48 AM

Is it just me, or does Washington have an almost perfect reverse-mohawk going?

19. antlerclaws - Nov 7, 2011 at 10:36 AM

You have to admit that, if nothing else, Ron Washington is one motherf**king entertaining c***sucker.

20. SmackSaw - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:08 PM

Awesome! My kinda manager. I have a new level of respect for Wash. Dude’s a winner.

21. thefalcon123 - Nov 7, 2011 at 12:42 PM

Here’s the transcript for those of you who can’t play the audio:

Washington: Hey guys, those (censored) Cardinals (censored) won that son of a (censored) (censored) of a ballgame last (censored) (censored) night. We (censored) better (censored) (censored) (censored) come back and win this (censored) game (censored) tonight. Chris (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) Carpenter (censored) is (censored) (censored) pitching and (censored) (censored) (censored) is (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) is (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) a mother (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) piece of (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) (censored) shit.

• stlouis1baseball - Nov 7, 2011 at 3:03 PM

This was outstanding. I am saving this. Wonderful!

22. Davidw7 - Nov 7, 2011 at 2:42 PM

It’s interesting.

He got them loose if nothing else, so you’ve gotta give him credit for that. They took the field feeling good. He is a fun manager to watch and he gave props to the Cards for Game 6.

23. sanzarq - Nov 8, 2011 at 10:51 AM

Well, I thought this was hilarious. Reminds me of Tommy Lasorda talking about Kurt Bevacqua after a 70’s Dodgers-Padres game. Having played organized sports myself many years ago, this kind of “pep-talk” from coaches is certainly nothing new. Listening to it is definitely not for everyone but I thoroughly enjoyed it. And Ron Washington has nothing for which to apologize. It was a private conversation not meant for anyone other than his team. I’m sure LaRussa’s speech was pretty similar.

Does anyone want to win the NL wild card?
  1. M. Cuddyer (2845)