Nov 7, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Mike Maddux was scheduled to interview for the Red Sox’s managerial opening tomorrow, but instead the Rangers’ pitching coach has removed his name from consideration.
Maddux was also slated to interview for the Cubs’ opening and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that will go on as scheduled.
However, based on what Maddux told Peter Gammons it certainly sounds like he’s leaning toward remaining in Texas:
We’re in a good situation. My family moved here, the kids will be in school for three more years here.
Sullivan writes that Maddux may also decide against interviewing in Chicago as well, but will discuss things with his family before making an announcement.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 11
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 3
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 15
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 37
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)