Nov 7, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Mike Maddux was scheduled to interview for the Red Sox’s managerial opening tomorrow, but instead the Rangers’ pitching coach has removed his name from consideration.
Maddux was also slated to interview for the Cubs’ opening and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that will go on as scheduled.
However, based on what Maddux told Peter Gammons it certainly sounds like he’s leaning toward remaining in Texas:
We’re in a good situation. My family moved here, the kids will be in school for three more years here.
Sullivan writes that Maddux may also decide against interviewing in Chicago as well, but will discuss things with his family before making an announcement.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)