Nov 7, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Mike Maddux was scheduled to interview for the Red Sox’s managerial opening tomorrow, but instead the Rangers’ pitching coach has removed his name from consideration.
Maddux was also slated to interview for the Cubs’ opening and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that will go on as scheduled.
However, based on what Maddux told Peter Gammons it certainly sounds like he’s leaning toward remaining in Texas:
We’re in a good situation. My family moved here, the kids will be in school for three more years here.
Sullivan writes that Maddux may also decide against interviewing in Chicago as well, but will discuss things with his family before making an announcement.
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 0
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 11
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 49
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 30
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 14
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)