Nov 7, 2011, 4:45 PM EST
Mike Maddux was scheduled to interview for the Red Sox’s managerial opening tomorrow, but instead the Rangers’ pitching coach has removed his name from consideration.
Maddux was also slated to interview for the Cubs’ opening and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that will go on as scheduled.
However, based on what Maddux told Peter Gammons it certainly sounds like he’s leaning toward remaining in Texas:
We’re in a good situation. My family moved here, the kids will be in school for three more years here.
Sullivan writes that Maddux may also decide against interviewing in Chicago as well, but will discuss things with his family before making an announcement.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 8
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 50
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 32
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 101
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)