Nov 7, 2011, 4:45 PM EDT
Mike Maddux was scheduled to interview for the Red Sox’s managerial opening tomorrow, but instead the Rangers’ pitching coach has removed his name from consideration.
Maddux was also slated to interview for the Cubs’ opening and T.R. Sullivan of MLB.com reports that will go on as scheduled.
However, based on what Maddux told Peter Gammons it certainly sounds like he’s leaning toward remaining in Texas:
We’re in a good situation. My family moved here, the kids will be in school for three more years here.
Sullivan writes that Maddux may also decide against interviewing in Chicago as well, but will discuss things with his family before making an announcement.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 9
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 18
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 16
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 37
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)