Nov 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Because I know you’re worried about this, Len Dykstra denies the report that he “backed out” of that “celebrity” boxing match with Jose Canseco. He now says that he never agreed to fight the guy. From the Philadelphia Daily News:
“I never agreed to anything,” Dykstra told the Daily News in an e-mail. “Damon Feldman and Alki David continued to use my name to sell tickets and promote their event up until the last minute. They showed up at my door unexpected, I didn’t even know who they were.”
Except, as John Gonzalez of CSNPhilly.com points out, Dykstra made multiple tweets last week pumping up the fight.
But really, who ya gonna believe? Lenny Dykstra, or Lenny Dykstra? Because you know one of them is lying.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)