Nov 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Because I know you’re worried about this, Len Dykstra denies the report that he “backed out” of that “celebrity” boxing match with Jose Canseco. He now says that he never agreed to fight the guy. From the Philadelphia Daily News:
“I never agreed to anything,” Dykstra told the Daily News in an e-mail. “Damon Feldman and Alki David continued to use my name to sell tickets and promote their event up until the last minute. They showed up at my door unexpected, I didn’t even know who they were.”
Except, as John Gonzalez of CSNPhilly.com points out, Dykstra made multiple tweets last week pumping up the fight.
But really, who ya gonna believe? Lenny Dykstra, or Lenny Dykstra? Because you know one of them is lying.
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 41
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 72
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 24
- 2014 Preview: Kansas City Royals 17
- Kris Medlen expects to have another Tommy John surgery 13
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (102)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (97)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (89)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)