Nov 7, 2011, 2:00 PM EDT
Because I know you’re worried about this, Len Dykstra denies the report that he “backed out” of that “celebrity” boxing match with Jose Canseco. He now says that he never agreed to fight the guy. From the Philadelphia Daily News:
“I never agreed to anything,” Dykstra told the Daily News in an e-mail. “Damon Feldman and Alki David continued to use my name to sell tickets and promote their event up until the last minute. They showed up at my door unexpected, I didn’t even know who they were.”
Except, as John Gonzalez of CSNPhilly.com points out, Dykstra made multiple tweets last week pumping up the fight.
But really, who ya gonna believe? Lenny Dykstra, or Lenny Dykstra? Because you know one of them is lying.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins pole in Monaco | Highlights
- Tennis.com: Can anyone stop Serena at French?
- Tennis.com: Is French still Nadal's to lose?
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy