Nov 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Seems like Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times has had a good list every week for a month now. The latest: Ten things he didn’t know about Tony La Russa.
It’s a good time for that list due to the retirement and Jaffe is the right guy to do it due to the fact that he literally wrote the book on managers not too long ago. Plus, it’s so easy to thumbnail La Russa right now as the micro-managing all-time great that it’s easy to forget that a lot of neat and weird stuff happened in his 33 years at the helm.
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (135)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)
- Hall of Fame voting expert: Greg Maddux makes it. No one else does. (105)
- Robinson Cano, Yankees trade barbs about “disrespect” (104)
- Two thoughts about the elimination of home plate collisions (95)