Nov 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Seems like Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times has had a good list every week for a month now. The latest: Ten things he didn’t know about Tony La Russa.
It’s a good time for that list due to the retirement and Jaffe is the right guy to do it due to the fact that he literally wrote the book on managers not too long ago. Plus, it’s so easy to thumbnail La Russa right now as the micro-managing all-time great that it’s easy to forget that a lot of neat and weird stuff happened in his 33 years at the helm.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (95)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)