Nov 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Seems like Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times has had a good list every week for a month now. The latest: Ten things he didn’t know about Tony La Russa.
It’s a good time for that list due to the retirement and Jaffe is the right guy to do it due to the fact that he literally wrote the book on managers not too long ago. Plus, it’s so easy to thumbnail La Russa right now as the micro-managing all-time great that it’s easy to forget that a lot of neat and weird stuff happened in his 33 years at the helm.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 56
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 41
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 45
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 65
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims