Nov 7, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Seems like Chris Jaffe of The Hardball Times has had a good list every week for a month now. The latest: Ten things he didn’t know about Tony La Russa.
It’s a good time for that list due to the retirement and Jaffe is the right guy to do it due to the fact that he literally wrote the book on managers not too long ago. Plus, it’s so easy to thumbnail La Russa right now as the micro-managing all-time great that it’s easy to forget that a lot of neat and weird stuff happened in his 33 years at the helm.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)