Nov 7, 2011, 4:32 PM EST
That’s an alternate, apparently. If you click through to the Miami New Times article, you see the regular white and gray. There’s a black too. The road gray has a blue cap version. It’s sort of a multi-color mess, but again, I think if it’s OK for anyone, it’s OK for the Marlins. They look no worse than the Dolphins and Hurricanes. Which, yes, look generally OK because it’s Miami and they can get away with that there.
People will mock, but I don’t think it’s justified. I think a team born in 1993 rocking a quasi-classic like pinstripes all these years was way more silly.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 85
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 8
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 28
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 33
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (100)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)