Nov 7, 2011, 4:32 PM EDT
That’s an alternate, apparently. If you click through to the Miami New Times article, you see the regular white and gray. There’s a black too. The road gray has a blue cap version. It’s sort of a multi-color mess, but again, I think if it’s OK for anyone, it’s OK for the Marlins. They look no worse than the Dolphins and Hurricanes. Which, yes, look generally OK because it’s Miami and they can get away with that there.
People will mock, but I don’t think it’s justified. I think a team born in 1993 rocking a quasi-classic like pinstripes all these years was way more silly.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)