Nov 7, 2011, 5:13 PM EDT
Twins news aside, this has been a pretty slow news day. But here’s the third Marlins post I have today, so at least we know Miami is alive. Anyway:
Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald reports that the Marlins have been in contact with Jose Reyes, and may have been talking to him since the moment free agents became truly free last week. Mike Francesa of WFAN said today that the Marlins have already made an offer, but then again, he says a lot of things. Nothing appears imminent.
Obviously Reyes to Miami would be a major change for everyone involved. Including Hanley Ramirez, who would suddenly be looking at a different position.
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 36
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 74
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Smart money on Hanley Ramirez, Jay Bruce in prop bets 26
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (100)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)