Nov 7, 2011, 12:43 PM EDT
The Texas Rangers are investigating who recorded and then leaked manager Ron Washington’s speech prior to Game 7 of the World Series.
“It’s unacceptable for this type of thing to be out there,” Rangers general manager Jon Daniels said Monday. “It was a private moment for the team, not meant for anyone else’s ears. We’re looking into it, probably won’t have additional comments until we’ve finished that process.”
Yeah, what stays in the clubhouse should stay in the clubhouse, so I’m not going to shed a tear when the clubhouse employee who taped it gets fired and killed and then fired some more. But for our sake, thank God for that man.
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 10
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 46
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 41
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 19
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72